Sage has decided that it is much more fun to get out of bed and join us in our bed every night. She just wants mommy to "lay" by her and "stay". This has been going on for almost 2 months now. I have been at my wits end. I have a hard time sleeping as it is so most nights I either let her get in bed with us or I end up in her bed. I decided that it is time to put my foot down. And seeing that I only have 3 weeks before the baby is here I better hurry up and get a handle on things. I started Sunday night.
Night one:
Bedtime at 8:00- she feel asleep with me laying next to her in her bed.
12:00- I hear the sound of little feet running to my room. I take her back to bed. She gets out of bed. I take her back, she gets out again, I take her back, she gets out. This goes on for the next 20 minutes. I am ready to lose my mind, so I put her in bed and go back to my room where Scott is laying there. I say, "I can not do this anymore! It is not working, I don't know what to do!" Sage is coming down the hall at this point. Scott says, "just let her get in our bed tonight." Exhausted, I give up and Sage wins. I sleep with her feet in my back and with baby feet in my ribs the rest of the night.
Night two:
I read online that one option is to lock your kid in their room. Even though I'm not in love with this idea I am willing to try anything at this point. I went to target and bought saftey door knob covers. I tried them out at nap time. She took it right off the knob...several times. Nice. I put a gate up in her doorway to keep her in. She gets her stool out of the bathroom (which also had a knob cover on it) and climbs over the gate. Wow. This is just great! I am super excited for bedtime!
Bedtime 9:00. She falls asleep quickly while I lay by her. I escape without a peep.
1:00- she is heading to our room. I take her right back to her bed. She gets out of bed, and so on and so on. I decided it was time for her to sit in the naughty chair. We did this several times. (this has been going on for an hour) At this point she has started to decide that the naughty spot is much better than being in bed. She actually starts to come out of her room now and go to the naughty spot on her own. Wow, really? I let her sit there just to see how long she will. It was a while.
3:00- I sit on her bed while she falls asleep, I get up she wakes up, I set at the foot of her bed, I get up she wakes up. I sit on the floor by the door, she finally falls asleep and I escape to my bed.
You would think at this point I would sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Oh no, I lay awake anticipating her waking up. I lay awake getting jabbed in my ribs. I watched the clock every hour. She did however stay in bed until 7:00.
Will tonight go better? Who really nows if we made any progress. I am seriously considering druging my child!
2 comments:
YOu poor thing! I'm impressed that you've been sticking with it. You're smart to nip this in the bud before baby comes. It sounds like daddy may have to take over the implementing until you get your body back. Good luck!
Oh, sorry! Good luck and keep us posted on the progress!
Post a Comment