First of all thank you, thank you, for those of you that posted comments and ideas. Last night was the best night we have had in a while! Scott turned the door knobs around last night so we were able to lock her in her room. When she got up at her usual 1:00 time she was not happy when she realized she could not get out! I waited for a little bit and then went and put her back in bed and told her she would have to stay in bed because she can't get out of her room any more. I sat outside her room while she yelled at me and cried. Then she started yelling for daddy. So I went and told Scott that he has to go and show her that he will make her get in bed too. So off he goes to put her back in bed. I lay there and wait for him to come back...it's quiet but no Scott. I just knew that he was laying on the floor next to her bed. So what did I do? Well having the McGee blood in me that I have, I marched right up there and opened the door and said, "What are you doing?!!!" and I marched right back downstairs to bed. He came back in and we had a little discussion about it... Do you see why Mommy is the mean one? I just love being the mean one! Thankfully, Sage cried out once and we didn't hear from her again all night. Wow! She slept from about 1:30 until 8:00 this morning! So I should have had a good nights rest...I love being pregnant! My hips ached all night and I was very restless. But guess what, I would still call that a good night!
Thumbs up for locking your kid in their room!!
4 comments:
It will only get better from here:) Way to go!!!
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for your (somewhat) restful night. Yay!!!
Yay!!! Whatever works is what you have to go with. Happy sleeping!
Sweet success - but it is a fire hazard, so don't make it a habit. Love ya!
Post a Comment