Friday, February 25, 2011

BIG DAY!!!

What do you get when you put pink, black and skulls together?  You get Reagan's very FIRST prosthetic leg!!


Seriously...isn't that the cutest prosthetic leg you have ever seen?!!


Reagan was checking it out for the first time!  She was trying to put her stuffed animal in it!  So cute!


Here she is trying to figure out what the heck is on her leg!  You can see that we had to get the foot changed out.  The first one was too tall for her.  As of right now she has this little foot that doesn't actually look like a foot, it doesn't have toes.  Thankfully we ordered her a more "human" looking foot and will replace it next Friday!

Physical therapy was a lot of fun!!  Sage didn't want to leave!

Reagan did great!  By the end of therapy she was putting weight in her leg!

Her therapist is so great!  He was singing, dancing and clapping with the girls.  Reagan loved him and was willing to do what he asked!  We will be going to therapy once a week for a month.  We were very pleased with how today went.  Reagan is a very determined little girl and I think that she will adjust quickly!

8 comments:

Shelley said...

That's so wonderful Di! So glad it went so well. Love you.

The Reimers Family said...

This post makes my heart so happy!

Niki Carter said...

amazing!!!

chris w said...

It's so cute!

She is just taking off like a natural. I'm so glad she loves physical therapy and you have such a good therapist.

Yay sweet Reagan!!

Terra said...

Who knew that ADORABLE and prosthetic would be in the same sentence?!? Only you could make her leg so stylish! SO STINKING CUTE!!!

Julie said...

Oh Diana! This is amazing. It's so good to see you all so happy. Reagan is so adaptive to all of this. It will be so fun to see her walking around when I meet her in July! I'm wondering how often you can change the fabric on the prosthetic. So cute.

KTLADY said...

So awesome, Diana. It's so amazing to see all the little confirmations that show you guys made the right decision. She's a natural! Love ya.

Anonymous said...

I love to read about your cute Reagan and see her updates! She is so cute and I would have to say I do think she will be stylin! Hope you are doing good!