Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This is me posting...

Some of you have asked why I have not posted forever. Well mostly because I have not been taking any pictures and because all have to talk about right now is my expanding belly and potty training. I can feel the sides of my stomach stretching as I type. I am tired, uncomfortable, anxious and just plain sick of potty training!! Who ever says that potty training only takes a good week must have a model child because it has not been so for me! I had in my head that Sage would be good and potty trained by the time our baby arrives but now I am not too sure. Does anyone have a secret that I don't know about! Suggestions welcomed!
I am so excited that we only have about 6 weeks to go until our baby is here! I will be induced on March 22 if she hasn't come by then! I have been getting baby clothes ready, washing baby gear, and preping the nursery! I can't wait to bring another sweet spirit into our home. There is something about a new baby that is so sweet and so heavenly. Sage talks about her all the time. She gives my belly hugs and kisses and is so excited to take the baby with us places this summer. I think that she will be such a good, sweet big sister. It will be fun to see how she reacts when the baby is actually here! The second pregnancy has been so different for me. My body hurts and I have had my fair share of braxton hicks and now I have pains that shoot down my thighs. So fun!!!

8 comments:

Niki Carter said...

Just don't potty train her. That is what I am doing with Adam;) Hang in there!

jordan said...

my mom and aunts swear by this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Toilet-Training-Less-Than-Day/dp/0671693808

but I still haven't tried it because you have to have the whole day alone with the child and I can't just let Sayla fend for herself for a whole day while I potty train Keadryn. Maybe it would work for you though?

Rachael said...

UGH potty training is the WORST every day I feel like crying! Jack is going to be in diapers till he is 20 at our rate. If you wait to be induced the baby will be born on my b-day...FUN! Good Luck!

Terra said...

Potty training SUCKS! Good luck - you are doing a great job and soon enough it will all just click. Can't wait to meet sweet Regan! Or is it Reagan?

Brooke said...

Potty training did not go well for us either. I blocked off about two weeks on the calendar thinking naively that that's all it would take. Ha, it ended up taking us about a year of going back and forth between doing really well and then digressing again. Hang in there and I feel for you.
And yes, Sage is going to make a fabulous and very sweet big sister.

The Reimers Family said...

I;m so excited for you too! You need to post pics of the nursery!

Hansen Family said...

Just hang in there, its hard but when she wants to do it she will. I cant wait to hear about the new baby!

Hewitt Family said...

Like I said, just don't do the potty training thing. Life is so much easier in diapers. We all should be wearing them. Ha. Maybe one day it will just be a switch and she'll be a perfectly potty trained genius.

Oh, and we are about as excited as you guys are to meet our little Reagan. Can't wait! She is betrothed to Grant so we have to meet her as soon as she gets here.