Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Just a few questions.....for anyone!

So, here is what I want to know.
First, if your baby will not lay down to take a nap at the "scheduled" time and then she finally falls asleep at 6 at night...do you let her keep sleeping or do you wake her up so you can put her to bed at the "normal" hour? (is anything really scheduled or normal with a baby?)
Second, is feeding rice cereal hard for anyone else? She seems to hate it! She just cries when I try to feed her. What do I do? Do I hold off until she is a little older or is this just what it takes for her to learn how to eat solids?
Third, how do you get cute templates? I don't get it.....

3 comments:

KTLADY said...

Hey Diana, I commented earlier on this question and accidentally deleted the whole thing! I was just going to say that when Noah would miss a nap, I would try to keep him entertained just long enough for it to be a decent bed time, making sure he was fed before I put him down. The only problem with that was when he would get "overtired" and then slept restlessly. So I guess if they are tired it's okay to let them sleep? Bottom line is you're the mommy, and mommy knows best. About the rice cereal... how long before you can begin introducing new foods? Sometimes I would just mix in something that I found Noah liked, so he would get the nutrition of the rice cereal with the flavor of bananas or applesauce. Anyway, I don't claim to have the answers, but this is just what I did. I get to start it all over again soon and be clueless once again. Have a great day! Love, Katie
PS... the only problem I had with the PYZAM layouts was that every time I changed it they erased my links too!

Rachael said...

It was good talking to you and I am serious about the volleyball league! It's funny how just when you start figuring out like you have your baby figured out they go and change on you! The one other thing I was going to tell you is that sleep begets sleep or in other words the more they sleep during the day the better they sleep at night. So I would let her sleep when ever she decides she wants to. Give it a week and she will sleep normal again.

Niki Carter said...

With the rice cereal, I always got the kind with bananas. As far as sleep, I agree with Rachel. The better naps the better night. There is such a thing as a schedule but it changes every couple of months. I would read baby wise. It talks about awake time and making feedings different from bedtime. Anyway, good luck! Niki