Saturday, December 19, 2009

What Makes a Woman Beautiful...

Alma Holmes Irvin Walsh
May 4, 1918 - December 7, 2009 Words are hard to come by when describing the feelings of losing a loved one. My Grandma was the kind of lady that loved everyone. Always there to give you a hug and a kiss, lift your spirits, and brighten any sad day. I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time with my Grandma growing up. Stopping by after school, picking apricots from the tree, playing with marbles, or having a snack that usually consisted of chicken nuggets and orange pop. I knew that my Grandma loved me, I knew that she wanted me around, and I knew that she wanted me to be happy. That to me is what makes a woman beautiful. I miss my Grandma, and I will always remember what she taught me about love and family.
I love you Grandma.

4 comments:

Niki Carter said...

Thanks for posting this. It is a great picture!

Jean said...

How sweet! Grandma loved you so much and always made a comment about how whe enjoyed having you come by after school. You were a lucky girl!
Love you, Mom

chris w said...

What a beautiful post. Grandmas really do know how to make you feel special. It sounds like yours was extra special.
Love you!

Julie said...

You are so lucky to have a picture like this! Love you.